A will is a legal document that entails how the late person want the belongings to be shared between their loved ones. The document help the family members, witnesses and executor to distribute the assets and understand what the person wants. It helps to sort out disagreements without law proceedings.
Thus, there are many interesting facts about wills. Scroll down and read what they are!
- Your spouse or children have to visit court and law proceedings for long time if you would leave the world without making a will and it would cost her or him a lot of time to get inheritance.
- You have to prepare the will again if you get divorce after preparation of will because it will be then distributed to less person due to which each will get more.
- The executor have to pass all assets to your partner if you will prepare joint will with your surviving spouse. A joint will is a will that partners prepare together.
- Your stepchildren could not inherit your property. Therefore, you have to mention about their inheritance in the will or they would have to go through legal proceeding to get some share.
- Your assets will be inherited by country if you don’t have relatives and you have not prepared the will. The only way to keep your assets away from the treasure of country is to make a will and give it to your friend or any charity.
- You would not have to pay care home costs and inheritance tax if you have prepared a will.
- A person or surviving relatives need original copy of will to get share to inherit the property or assets.
- If you have prepared a will in the UK and you die in Dubai then it would not be accepted because each country has different laws about will and inheritance.
- It is important to talk to your attorney before, after and while writing the will or it could become a problem for your loved ones if you would miss out key details about the document.
- In the age of digitization, many people prefer to write wills on their phones. They store the document on MS word and make changes with time. However, it is important to use easy-to-understand language so that everyone could understand what you are meant to say in it.
Although the cost of making will in Dubai is more than other developed countries, the lawyers guarantee to prepare just and understandable wills. They will explain you difc wills Dubai so that you may not miss any point and detail.